§1 Personal Information
• RP Name: Ste Salmon • Discord Name: stev10039
• Steam Account (Link): stev2007
• DoB (YYYY or AGE): 28
• Time Zone: GMT
§2 Application Information
• Why do you want to join the SAFD? (min. 50 words)
The Reason for Joining SAFD is that I am so greatful for the service you have all provided, I have had many experiences as a patient and the care that I receive as been brilliant , I want to join as I feel the need to give that something back to the community, I have had several training courses over the last few years in dealing with emergency situations. I was based in another Ambulance service prior to moving to the city and I have a great deal of medical knowledge.
I have great patient communication and patient care, My lifelong goal is to work for the Ambulance Service and care for people who are needing it more .
I have a need to go that extra mile for the patient care as I believe that the patient should get the most efficient and profesional care provided. I am always pushing myself to become better and have great timekeeping skills, I would love the opportunity to work for the SAFD and make the city a great healthy place to live .
• Roughly how many hours per week can you dedicate to being on duty? 10-20 hours
• Do you have any prior EMS experience in another city?
I have been currently working for the Ambulance service within another city and would love the opportunity to work the SAFD, I have technician level medical skills and I am always willing to take extra training if needed .
• A person has fallen and broken his leg, how do you proceed? (write exactly how you would roleplay it, min. 50 words) :
Introduce myself and my colleague to the Patient , Access the situation , First see what sort of fracture it is and if it needs closing, I.E open fracture - Be careful for any infection that could get into the wound, Make the patient as comfortable as possible and re-assure them and keep them calm, give them any pain relief before moving the patient to take them to the nearest ED, X-Ray and further assessment at hospital.
• A person calls EMS and you arrive on scene, there's another person there but not injured and he'sacting violent, how do you proceed? First make sure that you do not put yourself or others in danger, Take a step back from the said individual and call for police assistance, Ask him if he needs any medical attention and proceed to be cautious with the individual .
• A person has been in a vehicle accident and complains about neck pain, how do you proceed? (write exactly how you would roleplay it, min. 50 words) : First do not move the patient, Make sure that the head and neck is in a neutral position, Apply a neck collar with some assistance if their is one, Ask the patient if they are in any pain and if they have any other injuries, Make sure the scene is safe and that there is no exposed flames or other signs that the vehicle may be unsafe, Take a full set of obs and then proceed further about extracation.
• A person has called EMS you pull up to the call and the first thing u see is the patient is wearing a mask what is the first thing u do before u proceed? (write exactly how you would roleplay it, min. 50 words) :
- First make sure the scene is safe before proceeding , Make sure that you do not put yourself in harms ways, Introduce yourself and ask why that person is wearing a mask, Ask if they could remove the mask so you can inspect the patient more, Ask them if they have any medical problems that they may need to wear the mask, Call for police assistance if you suspect that the scene is unsafe and Try to found out the cause of the medical problem,